Activities in CartagenaCartagena Photo Gallery
In order to make your stay an unforgettable and culturally enriching experience, our language school in Cartagena offers cultural activities. Activities take place after class and during the weekends and include visits to natural parks, museums, concerts, beaches, sight-seeing tours, hiking tours, and many more. These activities are ideal to practice your Spanish outside the classroom, and to get to know the Colombian culture and society. Our Spanish language school organizes and accompanies the students during all activities. Expenses such as tickets, meals, entrance fees and transportation vary per activity and are not included in the course fees.
Leisure activitiesCartagena Photo Gallery
- Bingo contests
- Cartagena city tour: visit the historically and culturally important sights in Cartagena with a professional tour guide
- Latin dance parties with salsa, merengue and vallenato: get to know your fellow students and move your feet a relaxed and fun atmosphere.
- "La Chiva party bus": a tradition in Colombian cities. A city tour in Cartagena in a colorful party bus, discover the city while touring and partying.
- Visit to the market: Fruit and fruit juices are abundant in Colombia. Have you ever heard of feijoa, níspero, tamarindo, lulo, curuba, guanábana or zapote? Colombia also has the biggest variety of orchids in the world, and its national flower is the Cattleya trianae orchid. Challenge your senses and visit the market places.
ExcursionsCartagena Photo Gallery
- The National Coffee Park is a theme park dedicated to one of Colombia’s most important export products: coffee. It combines attractions with tours, beautiful views and flora and fauna exhibits.
- El Rosario islands: these islands located close to the bay of Cartagena are famous for their beautiful beaches and coral reefs, perfect for snorkeling and Scuba diving. Students can opt for Scuba classes, or an excursion with a professional biologist to learn more about the wonders of the unique marine ecosystem on the islands.