Activities in Puerto Viejo
When studying Spanish in Puerto Viejo choose from a range of entertaining free activities hosted by the school, outdoors activities and excursions!
School ActivitiesPuerto Viejo Photo Gallery
Our Spanish school in Puerto Viejo hosts free weekly activities available to all students. These activities are ideal for meeting other students and practicing Spanish:
- Attend a weekly barbecue at the school and get to know fellow students during happy hour!
- Join in for dinner night organized by our school on Friday nights, try the Caribbean style cuisine of Puerto Viejo.
- Watch a Latin film during weekly movie night and have a quiet night in!
Activities in Puerto ViejoPuerto Viejo Photo Gallery
Our school arranges a number of activities for an extra cost on land and at sea in Puerto Viejo.
- Enjoy a thrilling boat ride to Parque Nacional de Tortuguero and explore the protected area.
- Horseback ride along the beach or through the jungles in Puerto Viejo.
- Kayak down the Rio Sixaola, visit an Indian family and learn how to make chocolate.
- Snorkel around Puerto Uva and enjoy the colorful underwater ecosystem.
Excursions in Puerto ViejoPuerto Viejo Photo Gallery
Explore surrounding towns and cities; choose between mountain and metropolitan destinations.
- Ride into San José by taking a five hour bus ride and enjoy the historical sights the city has to offer.
- Escape to Turrialba, a small mountain town and experience world class white water rafting.
- Take a trip to Bribri, walk through the jungle, refresh yourself under waterfalls and swim in the natural pools.