Activities in OtavaloOtavalo Photo Gallery
In order to make your stay an unforgettable and culturally enriching experience, our Spanish language school in Otavalo offers activities and excursions and trips in the region. Activities take place after an Otavalo Spanish language course or on the weekends. They include visits to natural parks, city tours, trekking and excursions to surrounding villages and nature parks. Our activities provide the perfect way to practice your Spanish outside the classroom. They are designed to allow you to absorb the Ecuadorian culture and become part of the Ecuadorian society.
During the week, our school organizes excursions to sights in Otavalo and the region:
- Hike Cascada de Peguche and Lago de San Pablo located in the indigenous village of San Pablo. Students can opt to go on a hike to the waterfall and lake where they will take in astonishing views and discover the beautiful nature and diversity of indigenous cultures.
- Visit the Laguna Cuicocha, a lake situated on top of the Cotacachi volcano. Make sure to jump in a boat and check out the two small islands in the center of the lake.
Weekend excursionsOtavalo Photo Gallery
Mountains, lakes and small villages surround Otavalo, many of which are only a bus ride away! On the weekends, it's simple and very common to organize trips in Otavalo and to its surroundings.
- Tour Cotacachi, a small town about 20 km north from Otavalo that is famous for its leather goods.
- Explore the village of Illumán a village famousefor its natural healers or shamans, performing rituals. The village is also a starting point for hiking and only a 15 minute bus ride away.
- Visit the Chachimbiro hot springs, if you want to relax during the weekend. The thermal springs are of volcanic origin and contain high concentrations of minerals. They are naturally heated at temperatures between 40 and 50° C. Plus, it's only 50 km northeast of Otavalo!
- Parque Cóndor is a foundation that rehabilitates Andean condors and other birds of prey, such as falcons, owls and hawks. Situated between the Cotacachi and the Cuicocha volcanoes, the park offers spectacular views over the Andes Mountains.