Activities in Playa del Carmen
When studying Spanish in Playa del Carmen choose from a range of free activities hosted by the school, outdoors activities and excursions!
School ActivitiesPlaya del Carmen Photo Gallery
Our Spanish school in Playa del Carmen hosts free weekly activities available to all students. The activities are used to immerse students in Mexican culture and the traditions of Playa del Carmen. These activities are ideal for meeting other students and practicing Spanish:
- Take salsa lessons and get the Latino rhythm at the school every Thursday.
- Attend weekly cooking classes and take the flavor of Mexico home with you after from our school.
- Watch a film once a week and enjoy Mexico’s booming film industry at the school.
- Participate in Café Social on Wednesday nights get to know your fellow Spanish students at different bars, restaurants and clubs.
Beach ActivitiesPlaya del Carmen Photo Gallery
Playa del Carmen is one of the most popular beach destinations in Mexico. It is no surprise that the beaches are filled with exciting water activities that you can take part in during your free time and weekends.
- Go to Cozumel Island and snorkel in the Great Mayan Reef. The island is an hour away by boat.
- Visit one of the many Cenotes, deep pits characteristic of Mexico, and experience great swimming.
- Learn to deep sea fish out in the clear, cool Caribbean Sea.
- Jump on a sailboat and enjoy a calm and relaxing day in the paradisaical Caribbeanwaters.
Mayan Excursions and ToursPlaya del Carmen Photo Gallery
The coast of the Mayan Riviera is dotted with Mayan ruins and archeological sights along the way. Our Playa del Carmen Spanish language school organizes various day and weekend tours throughout the year for an extra cost.
- Enjoy Mayan ruins as close as 40 minutes away from Playa del Carmen.
- Drive 70 kilometers (43 miles) to Cancún and visit Xcaret, an archeological park filled with exciting historical tours and activities, you can even swim with dolphins.
- Visit Chichen-Itza, the Eighth Wonder of the World, or swim in the world famous Cenote Ikil.
- Journey to Coba, which is set in the middle of the jungle surrounded by beautiful lakes and a breathtaking cenote.