General Business Terms and Conditions
Ailola Latino is a trading name of Olé Languages bcn s.l.
We are Ailola Latino and we are looking forward to the opportunity to act as your booking agent for your language school needs. These terms and conditions describe what you are legally entitled to expect from us when you book a language course, or any related service, through us. They also explain your obligations as a client.
The terms “we”, “us”, “our” and “the company” refer to Ailola Latino. The term “you” refers to the client visiting our website, and/or booking a language course through us. The term “service provider” refers to the language schools.
The “student” shall mean the person in whose name the booking is made, and shall include the person or persons on whose behalf the booking is made.
We facilitate agreements between language students and language schools or similar institutions abroad. Ailola Latino arranges the booking and reservation for the language schools/institutions through its website. We are acting as an intermediary for services that we do not directly supply. You will be entering into a separate contract with such providers (language schools) in connection with such services.
The enrolment is made by completing and submitting the online enrolment form on the Ailola Latino website. Once availability is confirmed to the client, he/she will receive a written confirmation of the enrolment and the payment details.The enrolment and the agreement are only valid after:
- the student has made an enrolment on our website.
- we have verified availability and sent written confirmation of the course to the student. The reservation only becomes obligatory for the language school if this is approved in writing. We will send this confirmation within 10 days after the enrolment date.
- the deposit has been received by us.
The total amount will be split into two payments, advance payment ( deposit ) and remaining amount ( total amount minus the deposit)
- Advance payment ( deposit ) : The deposit depends on the school and chosen destination but it will be between 20% to 35% of the total amount. This payment has to be done right after booking. For the deposit, the euro exchange rate of the billing day will be applied.
- Remaining amount ( total amount minus the deposit ) : Unless agreed otherwise, the client is obliged to pay the total sum, minus the deposit, to the language school before starting the course, or on the first day of class - depending on the destination. Payment instructions and due dates vary by language school, and will be given at the time of booking.
The price (total sum) consists of the costs of the course, accommodation, and any other extra services or fees.
The price communicated is considered to be the price per person, unless otherwise indicated. The price is based on the prices that are valid on the day of enrolment. If it is not otherwise indicated, the prices will be charged in the school’s currency: USD for schools in Latin America, and € for schools in Spain and Portugal. Price conversions to other currencies on the website, documents, or communications are for guidance only.
6. Changes made by the student
Any modifications that the student wishes to make to the reservation must be requested by written notice. The following rules apply:
- Requests for modifications up to 28 days before the first day of the course are subject to availability.
- Request from 27 to 14 days prior to the first day of the course are subject to availability, and in cases where they are possible, an extra fee of 50 EUR will be charged.
- Requests from 13 days prior until the first day of the course are generally not possible. In any cases where they are possible, an extra fee of 50 EUR will be charged. The school reserves the right to pass on any additional costs resulting from the change to the student.
- The modification is only valid when it has been confirmed by us.
7. Cancellations made by the student
Cancellations of the reservation, by the student, must be sent to us in writing. The date of cancellation will be regarded as the date on which we receive the written notice.
All cancellations incur a loss of the initial deposit paid. In addition, the following rules apply:
- In case of cancellation up to 28 days before the first day of the course, the student is entitled to a refund of 100% of the fee for the course, accommodation and airport transfer minus the deposit.
- In case of cancellation from 27 to 14 days before the first day of the course, the student is entitled to a refund of 80% of the fee for the course, accommodation and airport transfer minus the deposit.
- In case of cancellation from 13 days before the first day of the course, the student is entitled to a refund of 50% of the fee for the course and accommodation minus the deposit and minus 1 week of accommodation and airport transfer if booked.
- Cancellations are not possible once the course has started. No refund shall be given after the day the course is due to start.
8. Cancellations due to Visa Refusal
When a student has made a reasonable attempt to obtain a visa, within a reasonable timescale, but is unable to obtain the visa, all money paid will be returned minus an administration fee of 200 €. Depending on the method used to provide the refund, the client may also subject to the following charges: 30 € for a bank transfer and 1% of the total of a credit/debit card payment. This refund will only be sent when the client meets the following requirements:
- We receive written notice - from the student - informing us of the visa application’s failure, at least 14 days before the first day of the course.
- We receive a copy of the official letter of visa denial from the embassy/consulate where the student applied.
9. Cancellations and modification made by a third party (Language schools)
We cannot be held responsible for modifications or cancellations related to the services booked, because we act only as an intermediary.
Your agreement with the language schools may allow for them to cancel or amend bookings. If we are your booking agent, we will ensure that you are promptly notified of any significant changes, once we become aware of any such changes. We accept no liability for any changes or costs incurred as a result.
If the course is cancelled by the school, you will then have the choice of accepting an offer of an alternative language course, or of receiving a refund should you decline.
10. Liability of Ailola Latino
We cannot be held responsible for the actions or negligence of the service providers (language schools) concerned, nor for the information supplied by them. We give free mediation in cases where there are problems.
Complaints about the services booked, the course, accommodation, and/or transfer service should be reported immediately to the school’s secretary in writting. If the school does not resolve the complaint, the client is obliged to contact us via telephone or email, so we can contact the school to mediate. If we are not contacted within a reasonable timeframe by the client, we cannot be held responsible. We cannot be held responsible following the completion of the course.
11. General school regulations
- Unless specifically noted, classes do not take place on local and national holidays, or on Saturdays and Sundays. In these instances, missed classes are not made up or refunded. In exceptional cases, where there are fewer students registered for a course than the minimum designated by a given school, the school reserves the right to reduce the number of lessons per week accordingly, or to change group classes into private classes. The same amount of course material will be covered due to the smaller student to teacher ratio. No refunds will be given in cases such as these.
- Sightseeing, trips, course materials, examination fees, airport transfers, excursions and cost of activities are not included in the course price, except when specifically stated.
- The school has the right to determine the timetable of the lessons.
- If the course has to be modified, or even cancelled, because of an uncontrollable event (failure of public transport, official arrangements, strikes, unrest or other mandatory reasons), this does not justify claims for restitution.
- The minimum age for booking of the language courses is 18.
- When the student arrives late, or is absent on a day of the course, no refund will be provided. Periods of absence cannot be compensated for by extensions of the course. In the case of lack of attendance, the school is entitled to deny the student certification.
12. Liability of the student
The student is responsible for damage caused by illicit behavior. Any student who behaves inappropriately, or who causes trouble in a way that heavily influences a proper continuation of the course, can be excluded from further continuation of the course.
13. Personal data
The booking and payment data that is provided by students will be treated with absolute confidentiality.
The student confirms that provided personal data is accurate and truthful, and expresses consent for the personal data to be processed for the purposes of course booking. We undertake to use any personal data in accordance with “Ley Orgánica 15/1999, de 13 de diciembre, de Protección de Datos de Carácter Personal” on the Protection of Personal Data.
The student has the right of change of personal data, and has the right of withdrawal for any previous consent, with regards to personal data processing.
14. Passport, Visa, Customs
It’s the student’s responsibility to fulfill the requirements that are necessary for the execution of the journey to the course - such as passports, visas, customs rules and insurances. You should confirm these with the relevant embassies and/or consulates. In cases where the student requires a letter of acceptance from the school in order to obtain the visa, the school is entitled to charge an additional courier delivery fee.
Travel insurance should be a vital part of your arrangements. We strongly recommend that you take out adequate insurance for the duration of your language course abroad. Travel insurance is mandatory for some destinations.
Students are not covered for loss of personal property (neither in their accommodation, nor inside or outside of the classroom). Ailola Latino, nor the service provider, can be held responsible. We recommend that students take out an appropriate insurance policy.
16. Travel information
You are obliged to inform the school of the details of your arrival. If you send incomplete information, or send the information too late, the school cannot guarantee the proper arrangement of airport transfer, or for the pick-up of the apartment key. You are responsible for arranging sufficient insurance to cover the costs of accidents, illnesses, loss of property, etc.
17. Your acceptance of these terms and conditions
By booking your arrangement with us, or by using our website, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this agreement, and any additional terms and conditions of any supplier (language school) that are applicable to your booking. You agree on behalf of yourself, and those who you represent, to comply with all such terms and conditions, including the payment of all amounts when due. You agree that any violation of any such terms and conditions may result in: (a) the cancellation of your reservation, (b) you being denied access to the applicable services, and (c) our right to debit your account for any costs we incur as a result of such a violation.